In 2021, Ford and Lincoln car, truck, and SUV sales in the USA were 7% lower with the F-Series and Explorer the best-selling models.
In full calendar year 2021, Ford Motor Company sales in the USA were down almost 7% to just fewer than two million vehicles. Both Ford and Lincoln brand sales were weaker with cars performing particularly badly while SUV sales increased. The F-Series was again the top-selling vehicle in the USA in 2021 while the Mustang Mach-E was the second most popular battery-electric car in the US.
Ford Motor Company Sales in the USA in 2021
Ford Motor Company sales in the USA contracted by 6.8% to 1,905,955 vehicles in 2021. Sales by brand and vehicle type in 2021 were as follows:
|SALES BY BRAND||FY2021||FY2021||% 20/21|
|SALES BY TYPE|
Ford Brand USA Sales by Model in 2021
Ford brand vehicle sales in the USA in 2021 were down 6.2% — passenger car sales were down by two-thirds while SUV sales were stronger. Ford sales per model in the USA in 2021 were as follows:
|FORD BRAND||FY2021||FY2021||% 20/21|
Ford model sales highlights in 2021 included:
- F-Series achieves best-selling truck for the 45thstraight year and best-selling vehicle in America for the 40thyear in a row. With 726,004 trucks sold, F-Series outsold its second-place competitor by 156,616.
- Mustang Mach-E sales totaled 27,140 vehicles in 2021, making it the nation’s second best-selling full electric SUV behind Tesla’s Model Y. Combined Mustang Mach-E and Mustang sales totaled 79,554 vehicles in 2021 –up 30.2 percent.
- With 162,979 vans sold, Ford marks its 43rdstraight year as America’s best-selling commercial van lineup. Led by Transit with sales of 99,745 vans, Transit has been America’s best-selling van since it was first introduced in 2015.
- Ford begins 2022 with 247,000 vehicles in stock –up 22,000 from November and the best stock position in the industry.
Lincoln Brand USA Sales by Model in 2021
Lincoln brand vehicles sales in the US by model in 2021 were as follows:
|LINCOLN BRAND||FY2021||FY2021||% 20/21|
Car Sales by Brand in the USA in 2021 (Full Year)
→ USA Car Sales by Brand in 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018
Car Sales by Brand in the USA in 2021 (Full Year):
- FCA (Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, Ram)
- General Motors (GM, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC)
Note: Sales data as provided by manufacturers. Definitions may vary.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan, that is committed to helping build a better world, where every person is free to move and pursue their dreams.The company’s Ford+ plan for growth and value creation combines existing strengths, new capabilities and always-on relationships with customers to enrich experiences for and deepen the loyalty of those customers. Ford designs, manufactures, markets, and services a full line of connected, increasingly electrified passenger and commercial vehicles: Ford trucks, utility vehicles, vans and cars, and Lincoln luxury vehicles. The company is pursuing leadership positions in electrification, connected vehicle services, and mobility solutions, including self-driving technology, and provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. Ford employs about 184,000 people worldwide