In 2021, Mazda increased car sales in the USA by 20% with the CX-5 and CX-30 the top-selling models.
In 2021, Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) sales totaled 332,756 vehicles; an increase of 19.2 percent compared to 2020. With 306 selling days in 2021, compared to 309 in 2020, the company posted an increase of 20.3 percent on a DSR basis for the year.
Mazda Sales in the USA in 2021
Despite its challenges, 2021 was a memorable year for Mazda with the brand achieving many milestones in the US, including:
- The launch of the MX-30, Mazda’s first battery-electric vehicle.
- The launch of the Essential Car Care Program for teachers, which helped provide free oil changes and enhanced cleaning to thousands of educator heroes.
- The global world premiere of the CX-50, the first vehicle to be built at Mazda’s new Alabama manufacturing plant beginning in 2022.
- For the second consecutive year, all tested Mazda vehicles earned the IIHS 2021 TOP SAFETY PICK+. These vehicles include the Mazda3 Sedan and Mazda3 Hatchback, Mazda6, CX-3, CX-30 (built after September 2020), CX-5 and CX-9.
- A leading consumer publication ranked Mazda as the second most reliable brand.
Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported December sales of 4,706 vehicles, a decrease of 2.8 percent compared to December last year. Year-to-date sales increased 1.7 percent, with 46,901 vehicles sold.
Mazda Sales by Model in the USA in 2021 (Full Year)
In full calendar year 2021, the best-selling Mazda models in the USA were as follows:
|Mazda 3 Sdn||21,639||20,285||6.70%|
|Mazda 3 HB||16,014||13,323||20.20%|
Car Sales by Brand in the USA in 2021 (Full Year)
Car Sales by Brand in the USA in 2021 (Full Year):
- FCA (Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, Ram)
- General Motors (GM, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC)
Note: Sales data as provided by manufacturers. Definitions may vary.
Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) is headquartered in Irvine, California, and oversees the sales, marketing, parts, and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States, Canada, and Mexico through approximately 780 dealers. Operations in Canada are managed by Mazda Canada Inc. in Richmond Hill, Ontario, and operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.