In 2018, Audi sales in the USA were flat with a 1.4% decline to 223,323 cars. The Q5 was the top-selling Audi in the US with SUVs taking a 57% share.
In December 2018, Audi of America reported a 16% decline in sales to 22,765 cars with SUVs taking a 60% market share. For the full calendar year 2018, Audi sales in the US contracted by a more moderate 1.4% to 223,323 cars with SUVs taking 57% market share. Audi blamed market conditions but also a delay in the arrival of cars from Europe following the introduction of new WLTP emission regulations.
Best-Selling Audi Models in the USA in 2018
The top-selling Audi models in the USA in 2018 were the Q5 and Q7 with the A4 the best-selling Audi car despite selling more than a fifth fewer than in 2017. With the exception of the A5, SUVs sales performed better than traditional passenger cars.
If this trend continues, Audi hopes to be well placed in 2019 with the launch of the new Q8 and a new Q3 model in the USA. The all-electric e-tron SUV is also due to be launched in the USA during 2019.
Audi Sales by Model in the USA in 2018
Audi of America reported the following sales in the USA for December 2018 and the full calendar year 2018:
|Model Line||Dec 2018||Dec 2017||% change||2018||2017||% change|
|Total Audi Sales||22,765||26,997||-16%||223,323||226,511||-1.4%|
- A3 includes A3 Sedan, S3 Sedan, A3 Cabriolet, A3 Sportback e-tron and RS 3.
- A4 includes A4 Sedan and S4 Sedan and A4 allroad.
- A5 includes A5 Coupe, S5 Coupe, RS 5 Coupe, A5 Cabriolet, S5 Cabriolet, A5 Sportback and S5 Sportback.
- A6 includes A6 Sedan and S6 Sedan.
- A7 includes A7 Sedan, S7 Sedan and RS 7 Sedan.
- A8 includes A8 Sedan, A8 L Sedan and S8 Sedan.
- Q5 includes Q5 and SQ5.
- R8 includes R8 Coupe and R8 Spyder.
- TT includes TT Coupe, TTS Coupe , TT Roadster and TT RS.
Car Sales in the USA 2018 by Brand
- BMW (including Mini)
- FCA (Jeep, Ram, Dodge, Chrysler, Alfa Romeo, Fiat)
- Ford (including Lincoln)
- General Motors (GM including Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC)
- Honda (including Acura)
- Hyundai (including Genesis)
- Mercedes-Benz (Mercedes, AMG, Smart)
- Nissan (including Infiniti)
- Toyota (including Lexus)
About Audi of America
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands, delivering about 1.878 million vehicles globally in 2017. In the U.S., Audi of America sold nearly 227,000 vehicles in 2017 and broke company sales records for the eighth straight year.