In 2018, Maza increased sales by 3.7% to 300,325 vehicles in North America. The CX-5 was by far the most-popular Mazda in the US in 2018.
In December 2018, Mazda reported total sales of 25,870 vehicles, a decrease of 3.8 percent compared to December 2017. With 26 selling days in December 2018, compared to 26 the year prior, the company posted a decrease of 3.8 percent on a Daily Selling Rate (DSR) basis.
Mazda North America Sales in the US in 2018
In 2018, Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) sales totaled 300,325 vehicles an increase of 3.7 percent compared to 2017. There were 307 selling days in 2018, versus 306 in 2017, resulting in a full-year DSR increase of 3.4 percent.
Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported December sales of 6,055 vehicles, an increase of 8 percent compared to December last year. MMdM saw record-setting sales in 2018 totaling 58,105 vehicles, an increase of 7 percent compared to last year.
Mazda North America Sales per Model
Mazda North America sales per model in December 2018 and full year 2018 were as follows:
- While Mazda’s CX-line, including the CX-3, CX-5 and CX-9, saw December sales decline by 6.5 percent to 18,955 vehicles, total sales of the three crossover vehicles finished the year up 15.3 percent, with 195,778 vehicles sold in 2018.
- Sales of the Mazda6 totaled 2,357 in December, an increase of 32.7 percent compared to 2017. Mazda6 sales for 2018 reached 30,938 vehicles, a decrease of 7.4 percent compared to 2017.
- The Mazda MX-5 Miata finished December up 3.7 percent, with 511 vehicles sold, while full-year sales of the two-seat roadster totaled 8,971, a decrease of 20.6 percent compared to 2017.
Car Sales in the USA 2018 by Brand
- BMW (including Mini)
- FCA (Jeep, Ram, Dodge, Chrysler, Alfa Romeo, Fiat)
- Ford (including Lincoln)
- General Motors (GM including Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC)
- Honda (including Acura)
- Hyundai (including Genesis)
- Mercedes Benz (Mercedes, AMG, Smart)
- Nissan (including Infiniti)
- Toyota (including Lexus)
About Mazda North America
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, California, and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 700 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.