In 2021, Skoda sales worldwide decreased by 13% with Germany the largest global market and the Octavia and Kamiq the top-selling models.
In 2021, ŠKODA AUTO delivered 878,200 vehicles worldwide – a decrease of 12.6% largely blamed on the pandemic and semiconductor shortage. Germany and Russia were the most important country markets for Skoda in 2021 with the Octavia, Kamiq, and Karoq the best-selling models worldwide. With almost 45,000 deliveries, the all-electric Enyaq iV model has made a successful start in the markets. Thanks to the new Kushaq, Skoda achieved significant growth in India. Skoda expects the supply situation for semiconductors to gradually improve in the second half of 2022.
Skoda Global Deliveries by Largest Markets in 2021
The top ten largest single country markets for Skoda cars in 2021 were:
- 1. Germany 136,800
- 2. Russia 90,400
- 3. Czech Republic 79,900
- 4. China 71,200
- 5. United Kingdom 55,800
- 6. Poland 47,100
- 7. France 31,100
- 8. Italy 25,200
- 9. Turkey 25,200
- 10. Spain 24,600
In Western Europe, ŠKODA AUTO delivered 409,000 vehicles in 2021, a decrease of 5.9% compared to the previous year (January to December 2020: 434,500 vehicles).
In Germany, its largest single market worldwide, the carmaker recorded 136,800 deliveries last year, down 15.4% year-on-year (January to December 2020: 161,800 vehicles).
ŠKODA AUTO achieved double-digit growth in Portugal (1,800 vehicles; +37.4%), Norway (9,800 vehicles; +36.9%), Ireland (9,100 vehicles; +21.8%), the Netherlands (19,300 vehicles; +19.0%) and Spain (24,600 vehicles; +17.0%).
In Central Europe, ŠKODA AUTO delivered a total of 164,100 vehicles from January to December 2021, 9.8% fewer than in the previous year (January to December 2020: 181,900 vehicles).
In the Czech Republic – ŠKODA AUTO’s domestic market – deliveries from January to December 2021 dropped by 4.0% to 79,900 vehicles (January to December 2020: 83,200 vehicles).
In Eastern Europe excluding Russia, ŠKODA AUTO delivered 35,800 vehicles to customers (January to December 2020: 39,400 vehicles; -9.2%).
In Russia, 90,400 deliveries decreased 4.4% compared to 2020 (January to December 2020: 94,600 vehicles).
In China, the Czech car manufacturer delivered 71,200 vehicles in 2021. This corresponds to a 58.8% drop (January to December 2020: 173,000 vehicles).
In India, ŠKODA AUTO achieved significant growth in 2021 following the launch of the KUSHAQ, which was developed specifically for this market, recording a total of 22,800 vehicles deliveries in the region (January to December 2020: 10,900 vehicles; +108.9%).
The manufacturer can also report encouraging growth in the rest of the world: from January to December 2021, ŠKODA AUTO increased its vehicle deliveries by 20.6% to 85,000 units (January to December 2020: 70,500 vehicles).
Best-Selling Skoda Models Worldwide in 2021
ŠKODA AUTO brand deliveries in 2021 (in units, rounded off, listed by model; +/- in percent compared to 2020):
- ŠKODA OCTAVIA (200,800; -22.0%)
- ŠKODA KAMIQ (120,700; -6.1%)
- ŠKODA KAROQ (119,200; -13.2%)
- ŠKODA FABIA (99,100; -6.0%)
- ŠKODA KODIAQ (98,600; -25.1%)
- ŠKODA SUPERB (66,100; -23.2%)
- ŠKODA RAPID (63,700; -20.1%)
- ŠKODA SCALA (48,200; -23.8%)
- ŠKODA ENYAQ iV (44,700; – )
- ŠKODA KUSHAQ (12,800; – )
- ŠKODA CITIGOe iV (only sold in Europe: 4,400; -70.8 %)
Global Worldwide Car Sales by Brand in 2021 (Full Year)
Global worldwide sales by brand in 2021:
- Volkswagen (VW Brand)
- Volkswagen Group
- Volkswagen Group (Battery-Electric Cars)
“Sales” as reported by the various brands generally refer to deliveries and not necessarily sales to the customer or final registration. Terms and definitions may vary.
About Skoda Auto
- aims to be one of the five best-selling brands in Europe by 2030 with an attractive line-up in the entry-level segments and additional e-models.
- is emerging as the leading European brand in India, Russia and North Africa.
- currently offers its customers ten passenger-car series: the FABIA, RAPID, SCALA, OCTAVIA and SUPERB as well as the KAMIQ, KAROQ, KODIAQ, ENYAQ iV and KUSHAQ.
- delivered more than 870 000 vehicles to customers around the world in 2021.
- has been a member of the Volkswagen Group for 30 years. The Volkswagen Group is one of the most successful vehicle manufacturers in the world.
- independently manufactures and develops not only vehicles but also components such as engines and transmissions in association with the Group.
- operates at three sites in the Czech Republic; manufactures in China, Russia, Slovakia and India primarily through Group partnerships, as well as in Ukraine with a local partner.
- employs more than 43,000 people globally and is active in over 100 markets.