In full-year 2022, Skoda sales worldwide contracted by 17%, Germany remained the largest country market, and the Octavia was the top-selling model.
2022 (January to December): Global sales of Skoda cars were 16.7% lower with 731,300 vehicles delivered. Skoda was hit hard by the war in Ukraine — not only by losing sales in Russia, previously the second-largest market for Skoda, but also the resulting severe disruption in the supply chain and a sharp increase in energy costs. Sales in Germany, by far the largest market for Skoda, were flat while India was the only major market with higher sales. The Octavia remained by far the most popular Skoda model worldwide in 2022.
Skoda Sales Worldwide by Country and Market in 2022
In full-year 2022, Skoda sales per major country and market were as follows:
|Market||Sales 2022||Sales 2021; % 22/21|
|Western Europe||377,000||(409,000; -7.8%)|
|Germany (largest single market globally)||134,300||(136,800; -1.8%)|
|Central Europe||148,000||(164,100; -9.8%)|
|Czech Republic (domestic market)||71,200||(79,900; -11.0%)|
|Eastern Europe, excluding Russia||31,600||(35,800; -11.9%)|
|RoW countries||60,000||(85,000; -29.3%)|
|Total (worldwide)||731,300||(878,200; -16.7%)|
Best-Selling Skoda Models in 2022
The best-selling Skoda models worldwide in 2022 with change compared to 2021 were:
|Skoda Model||Sales in 2022; % 22/21|
|Škoda Octavia||141,100; -29.7%|
|Škoda Kamiq||96,300; -20.3%|
|Škoda Kodiaq||94,500; -4.2%|
|Škoda Fabia||92,700; -6.5%|
|Škoda Karoq||87,700; -26.4%|
|Škoda Superb||60,800; -8.0%|
|Škoda Enyaq||53,700; +20.0%|
|Škoda Scala||39,500; -17.9%|
|Škoda Kushaq||26,800; +110.2%|
|Škoda Slavia||20,900; –|
|Škoda Rapid||17,300; -72.8%|
Global Worldwide Car Sales by Brand in 2022 (Full Year)
Global worldwide sales by brand in 2022:
- Volkswagen Group (including Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini, Seat / Cupra, Porsche, Skoda, VW)
- Volkswagen Group Electric Car Sales
NOTE: “Sales” as reported by the various brands generally refer to deliveries and not necessarily sales to the customer or final registration. Terms and definitions may vary. All statistics are provided by respective car manufacturers unless clearly stated otherwise.
About Škoda Auto
- Škoda Auto aims to be one of the five best-selling brands in Europe by 2030, with an attractive line-up in the entry-level segments and more e-models.
- is emerging as the leading European brand in important growth markets like India and North Africa.
- currently offers its customers 12 passenger-car series: the Fabia, Rapid, Scala, Octavia and Superb, as well as the Kamiq, Karoq, Kodiaq, Enyaq iV, Enyaq Coupé iV, Slavia and Kushaq.
- delivered over 731,000 vehicles to customers around the world in 2022.
- has been a member of the Volkswagen Group, one of the most successful vehicle manufacturers in the world, for 30 years.
- independently manufactures and develops not only vehicles but also components like engines and transmissions in association with the Group.
- operates at three sites in the Czech Republic and has additional production capacity in China, Russia, Slovakia and India, primarily through Group partnerships, as well as in Ukraine with a local partner.
- employs 45,000 people globally and is active in over 100 markets.