In full-year 2020, Mazda increased sales in the USA by 0.2% to 279,076 cars and trucks. The CX-5 was the best-selling model.
Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) reported full-year sales in 2020 totaled 279,076 vehicles sold, an increase of 0.2 percent compared to 2019. While truck (SUV) sales increased by 11%, Mazda car sales in the USA were down 27%. The Mazda CX-5 was the top-selling Mazda model in the US followed by the CX-30 and the Mazda 3.
Mazda USA Sales per Model in 2020 (Full Year)
Mazda reported 2020 sales (December and full-year sales) per model in the USA as follows:
With 31,308 vehicles sold in the final month of 2020, Mazda achieved is best-ever December results in the USA and an increase of 18.2 percent compared to December 2019. With 28 selling days in December, compared to 25 in 2019, the company posted an increase of 5.5 percent on a Daily Selling Rate (DSR) basis in December.
With 309 selling days in 2020, compared to 307 in 2019, the company posted a decrease of 0.5 percent on a DSR basis for the year.
Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported December sales of 4,843 vehicles, a decrease of 18 percent compared to December 2019. Full-year sales decreased 23.2 percent, with 46,117 vehicles sold.
Mazda USA Sales Highlights in 2020
“Overall, our sales improved in 2020, which is remarkable when you consider the events of the year,” MNAO President Jeff Guyton said. “This isn’t the year anyone expected, and Mazda’s approach to 2020 was informed by 100 years of operations and always finding innovative ways to brighten people’s lives. Our dynamic product lineup, purposeful community programs, enhanced dealership experience, and new financial partner have led to our success.”
Mazda Sales Highlights in 2020:
- Sales of Mazda’s family of crossovers, including the CX-3, CX-30, CX-5, and CX-9, totaled 220,457 for the year, an increase of 11 percent compared to 2019. December sales of all crossovers increased 20.8 percent with 25,671 vehicles sold.
- Sales of the CX-9 increased 2.9 percent in 2020 with 27,638 vehicles sold.
- The CX-5 saw its best month ever in December, with sales increasing 14.1 percent with 17,954 vehicles sold.
- CX-30 saw its best month in December with 4,408 vehicles sold. Sales of the CX-30 totaled 38,064 in 2020.
- Sales of the MX-5 Miata increased 13.6 percent in 2020 with 8,807 vehicles sold. December sales totaled 694 vehicles, an increase of 58.1 percent.
- Full year CPO sales totaled 66,193 vehicles, an increase of 8.4 percent compared to 2019. CPO sales totaled 5,945 vehicles in December, an increase of 23.9 percent compared to December 2019.
Car Sales by Brand in the USA in 2020 (Full Year)
- FCA (Jeep, Ram, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Alfa Romeo)
- General Motors (GM, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC)
About Mazda North America
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, California, and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through approximately 620 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.