In 2019, Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) sales totaled 278,552 vehicles, a decrease of 7.2 percent compared to 2018. The CX-5 was Mazda’s most popular vehicle in the US.
Mazda sales in the USA contracted by 7.2% in 2019 to 278,552 vehicles. Mazda passenger car sales were down nearly a quarter to 80,018 cars while truck / SUV sales were slightly higher at 198,534 vehicles. The CX-5 was by far the most popular Mazda in the USA in 2019.
Mazda Sales by Model in the USA in 2019
Mazda sales by model / nameplate in 2019 were as follows in the US in 2019 (full year)
Mazda Sales Highlights in the US in 2019
- In 2019, Mazda crossover sales reached 198,534 vehicles, an increase of 1.4 percent compared to 2018.
- The CX-5 saw its best year with 154,545 vehicles sold, an increase of 2.6 percent compared to 2018.
- December sales of the CX-9 increased 13.9 percent with 3,236 vehicles sold.
- December sales of the CX-3 increased 23.2 percent with 1,409 vehicles sold.
- Sales of the all-new CX-30, which launched in November, reached 868.
- CPO sales totaled 4,795 vehicles in December, an increase of 9.2 percent compared to December 2018.
- In 2019, CPO sales increased 15.8 percent, with 61,090 vehicles sold.
- Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported December sales of 5,906 vehicles, a decrease of 2.5 percent compared to last year. In 2019, sales reached 60,081 vehicles, an increase of 3.4 percent compared to 2018.
Car Sales by Brand in the USA in 2019 (Full Year)
- FCA Group (Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat, Alfa Romeo)
- General Motors (GM, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, Chevrolet)
- Jaguar Land Rover
About Mazda North American Operations
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, California, and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through approximately 620 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.