In 2019, Toyota North America sales in the US decreased by 1.8% to 2,383,349 vehicles. Lexus sales were stable.
In 2019, Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) reported sales of 2,383,349 vehicles, a 1.8 percent decrease. Toyota branded sales in 2019 in the US were 2,085,235 vehicles, down 2.0 percent. The Lexus brand performed better with sales down only 0.1 percent to 298,114 vehicles. The RAV4 was the most popular Toyota in the US in 2019.
Toyota and Lexus Sales by Model in the US in 2019
Toyota and Lexus sales by division and model in the USA in 2019 were as follows:
Toyota and Lexus Hybrid Car Sales in the USA in 2019
Toyota and Lexus hybrid vehicle sales by model in the USA in 2019 were as follows:
Highlights from Toyota and Lexus US Sales in 2019
- RAV4 2019 sales marked an all-time best-ever year; sales up 4.9 percent for the year, led by RAV4 Hybrid finishing 2019 up 92.3 percent
- Corolla sales increased 0.4 percent for the year; led by the Corolla Hatchback which finished up 5.2 percent, a best-ever year
- Tacoma sales up 1.3 percent in 2019; marking a best-ever year
- Land Cruiser sales up 101.1 percent in December; finishing the year up 9.7 percent
- Total Toyota division SUV sales up 0.8 percent for the year
- Total Toyota division hybrid sales up 56.7 percent in December; finishing up 26.3 percent for the year
- RC sales increased 25.5 percent in December; finishing up 36.7 percent in 2019
- ES sales up 5.9 percent for the year; led by ES Hybrid, which finished the year up 72.8 percent
- UX sales increased 326.7 percent in December, with total 2019 sales of 16,725
- NXh marked its best-ever year; up 6.4 percent
- RX sales up 6.4 percent in December; RXh finished the year up 2.9 percent
- LX sales increased 165.1 percent in December
- Total Lexus division luxury SUV (LUV) sales up 6.8 percent for December; total sales for 2019 up 5.6 percent, marking a best-ever year
- Total Lexus division hybrid sales up 29.6 percent in December; finishing up 43.1 percent for the year, marking a best-ever December and year
Car Sales by Brand in the USA in 2020 (Full Year)
- →→ Latest car sales statistics by brand in the USA
- →→ Global Sales by Brand Worldwide in Full-Year 2022, 2021, and 2020.
Car Sales by Brand in the USA in 2020 (Full Year):
- FCA (Jeep, Ram, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Alfa Romeo)
- General Motors (GM, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC)
Car Sales by Brand in the USA in 2019 (Full Year)
- FCA Group (Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat, Alfa Romeo)
- General Motors (GM, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, Chevrolet)
- Jaguar Land Rover
Toyota North America
Toyota (NYSE:TM) has been a part of the cultural fabric in the U.S. and North America for more than 60 years, and is committed to advancing sustainable, next-generation mobility through our Toyota and Lexus brands. During that time, Toyota has created a tremendous value chain as our teams have contributed to world-class design, engineering, and assembly of more than 38 million cars and trucks in North America, where we have 14 manufacturing plants, 15 including our joint venture in Alabama (10 in the U.S.), and directly employ more than 47,000 people (over 36,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships (nearly 1,500 in the U.S.) sold 2.8 million cars and trucks (2.4 million in the U.S.) in 2018.