In 2019, Porsche worldwide deliveries increased by 10% to 280,000 cars. The Macan and Cayenne were the top-selling models.
In full calendar 2019, Porsche worldwide sales increased to a new record 280,000 cars a 10% increase on deliveries in 2018. Porsche increased global deliveries in all major regions of the world with the increase in sales particularly strong in Germany in Europe. Porsche also had stronger volume sales in both China and the USA despite overall weakness in the new car markets in these two important countries. The Macan was again the best-selling Porsche worldwide.
Porsche Car Sales Worldwide by Region / Country in 2019
Porsche reported deliveries in its main markets as follows for full-year 2019:
|Asia-Pacfic, Africa, Middle East||108,578||116,458||7%|
On the company’s domestic market and throughout the European market, Porsche generated the strongest growth in 2019 with a plus of 15 percent in each case. 31,618 vehicles were delivered in Germany and 88,975 vehicles throughout Europe.
The sports car manufacturer also recorded an increase in its two largest markets in contrast to the overall downward trend in these countries:
- In China, 86,752 Porsche vehicles were handed over to customers, amounting to an increase of eight percent compared with 2018.
- In the USA, Porsche also grew its delivery figures by eight percent to 61,568.
116,458 Porsche vehicles were delivered to customers in the Asia-Pacific, Africa and Middle East regions – an increase of seven percent compared with 2018.
Top-Selling Porsche Models Worldwide in 2019 (Full Year)
The Cayenne and Macan model series, in particular, saw significant growth and remained the two top-selling Porsche models worldwide.
- The Cayenne was delivered 92,055 times worldwide, an increase of 29 percent year-on-year. The current model has been available on all markets since 2019, as a plug-in hybrid since recently. Spring also saw the market introduction of the Cayenne Coupé, a further, even sportier derivative.
- A total of 99,944 Macan vehicles were delivered to customers – an increase of 16 percent compared with 2018.
“We are delighted about this great result, which shows the worldwide customer excitement for our sports cars and we are also proud that we have further strengthened the appeal of our brand and the customer experience with new approaches,” says Detlev von Platen, Member of the Executive Board for Sales and Marketing at Porsche AG. “We are optimistic that we can maintain the high levels of demand in 2020 – also thanks to a host of new models and full order books for the Taycan.”
Global Worldwide Car Sales Statistics:
Global Worldwide Car Sales by Brand in 2020 (Full Year)
→→ Latest global sales by brands
Global worldwide car sales by brand in 2020 (Full Year):
- BMW (including Mini & Rolls Royce)
- Daihatsu (see Toyota)
- Lexus (see Toyota)
- Mercedes-Benz (including Smart)
- PSA Group (Peugeot, Citroen, DS, Opel / Vauxhall)
- Renault Group (including Dacia)
- Toyota (including Lexus, Daihatsu, Hino)
- Volkswagen (VW Car Brand)
- Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles (VWCV)
- Volkswagen Group
“Sales” as reported by brands generally refer to deliveries and not necessarily sales to the customer and final registration. Terms and definitions may vary.
Global Worldwide Car Sales by Brand in 2019 (Full Year)
- BMW (incl. Mini)
- Mercedes-Benz (incl. Smart)
- Volkswagen (VW brand)